Southern fried fish and grits with a poached egg made with Grammaw Knows Seafood Gourmet seasoning.
- 1 cup Grits
- 1-3/4 Cups Water
- 1/8 Tsp Grammaw Knows Everything
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Boil water, Grammaw Knows Everything, and butter.
- Stir in grits.
- Cook about 5 minutes over medium heat; stir occasionally to keep from lumping turn to low.
Southern Fried Fish
- 4-6 catfish fillets, about 1-2 pounds
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon Grammaw Knows Seafood
- 1 Tablespoon Grammaw Knows Everything But Salt
- Oil for frying
- In a frying pan, heat enough oil to fill the pan halfway (not too high or it will bubble over and cause a mess when you fry the fish). Heat to medium.
- Soak catfish in buttermilk while the oil is heating.
- In a separate bowl, mix together: cornmeal, flour, and Grammaw Knows Seafood seasoning, remove fish from milk and place on plate sprinkle both sides lightly with Grammaw Knows Everything But Salt, then transfer to your seasoned cornmeal mixture and cover your fish completely with the mix.
- When your oil is hot, place your fish into the oil and fry until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once your fish is finished remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain.
- Prepare your egg to your desired preference. I chose a poached egg.
- Plating- Start with your grits, then add your fish, and your egg.
Enjoy and don’t forget to share your finished recipes with us on social media using the Hashtag #GrammawKnows