Grammaw's Southern Mac & Cheese made with Grammaw Knows Everything Gourmet Seasoning.
- 1 /2 Cup Butter
- 1 Lb. Macaroni noodles
- 2 Lbs. of Shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar (this is hard to find already shredded)
- ½ Sweet bell pepper Diced (any color I prefer green or orange)
- ½ Large sweet onion Diced
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Grammaw Knows Everything Seasoning (Substitute Grammaw Knows Seafood if you’re serving it with seafood)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- Prepare macaroni noodles and drain.
- In a bowl, mix your milk, eggs, and Grammaw Knows Everything seasoning.
- In another bowl mix your macaroni noodles, diced bell peppers, and onions.
- In a baking dish about 13x9, add one layer of noodle noodle mix, top with a few pats of butter cover, with a layer of shredded cheese, and repeat these steps until you’re at the top of your dish (Have your last layer be noodles for now so the cheese doesn’t burn).
- Pour in milk and egg mixture to about ¾ way of the pan. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for about 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and add your last cheese topping, sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for the remaining 15-20 minutes until the mac is firm and the cheese is golden brown.
**Picture shows Grammaw's Southern Mac & Cheese leftovers for breakfast served with an egg.
Be Creative, Enjoy and don’t forget to share pictures of your finished product with us on social media using the Hashtag #GrammawKnows